Dr Brent Coker a renowned internet psychologist discusses his new research carried out over a year from May 2011 – 2012, they analysed 400 websites and 36,000 internet users. From this information they have been kind enough to share with us the top 5 things that annoy people on the internet, and also the top 5 things the most successful websites are doing.
In summary what are the 5 worst things you can do as a website owner?
- Making information hard to find
- Slow to load
- Not responding to email enquires promptly
- Poor quality of information
- Unappealing design
There is light… What can you do the make your customers happy?
- Easy to use / navigate
- Social signals – testomonials, client lists, word of mouth, high level of customer service
- Well thought out appeal design, think about what your customers want
- High quality content
- Relevant content to your customers’ needs.